Monday, June 13, 2011

36 Weeks

How far along: 36 weeks

Size of baby: for weeks 33 to 36 (month 8) the baby is the size of a honeydew
As of Tuesday the 31st she was 6 pounds, 6 ounces
 I'm guessing she's at least 7 pounds by now... maybe even 7 and a half pounds.

Total weight gain/loss: +30

Gender: It's a girl!  Olivia Grace is on her way!

Movement: She's making big movements daily.  Michael and Olivia have conversations.  She won't be moving at all and he will talk to my belly.  Suddenly she will kick or move (right where his head is).  He'll talk.  She'll kick or move.  If he sits quiet for a bit, she stays still.  It's pretty cute.  Most times when Michael feels movement he says "Whoa!" because it's always pretty big and strong.

Sleep: My sleep wasn't the best this week.  I'll be tired and go to bed and then lay there for a long time...well, besides getting up every half hour to pee.  For whatever reason, when I first go to bed, I end up getting up a ton in the first two hours.  I'm back to napping every day when Little Man does.  I'm wondering if that's why I can't sleep at night, but I just can't help it.  I'm so tired during the day.  Sometimes I sleep during school time too.  I guess my body is just preparing me for when she's here. :)

What I miss: being comfortable... Everything is much harder to do now.  I just recently started having trouble getting in my car.  It feels like such a chore!

Cravings: watermelon, jello, dessert (any kind really)

Symptoms: swelling!!!
I bought two pair of flip flops in a bigger size and even they get snug when the swelling goes up.  I have a feeling the swelling is here to stay.  I'm hoping that's what's up with the weight gain too.  I've read a lot of places that if you are gaining that much at the end (I've been gaining a pound and a half a week for about a month now), that it's most likely water weight.  Hopefully that's the case, because it will be easier to get off.

Fun Purchases: We ordered a few things for our newborn picture session.  I also ordered more bows from etsy.  I've really been wanting something monogrammed, but have yet to find what it is I want.  Also, I bought this bag.
I'll probably get another bag at one point, but I'm just not sure what or when. 

Surprises: I was surprisingly pleased that my blood pressure wasn't out of control at my appointment.  I was expecting it to be high and to be put on strict bed rest.

What I'm looking forward to: Obviously I'm looking forward to meeting my baby girl.  Besides that, I'm really excited about our newborn picture session.  I can't wait!

Dates:
June 17--36 wk doctors appointment
June 22--37 wk doctors appointment
June 28-INDUCTION! 

TWO WEEKS LEFT!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. love the bag, good choice! You look adorable and so happy to hear that your b/p was great and you won't have to go on bedrest! Great news! xoxo

    ReplyDelete