Wednesday, June 1, 2011

And the Ultrasound Said.........

First, you are suppose to drink 24 ounces of fluid a half hour before your appointment.  I drank both water and some juice.  I got in there and the first thing she said was that my bladder was almost empty.  I guess that means I am a little dehydrated.  I kind of thought I was.  I even mentioned to Michael the other day that I was.  He said he thought I was drinking plenty.  I am drinking water constantly!!  I drink more water than I can even count.  I guess maybe since I am retaining water and having blood pressure issues that I need even more water?!  At least it's just a little dehydrated and not full on.  I don't want to have to go in and have IV's.  I am upping my water intake even more.  (blah.  I'm so sick of water!!!!)

One of the first things she pointed out was that Olivia has hair.  I was sort of expecting her to come out bald, so that was interesting.

She said my fluids were good--not too much and not too low.  That's a relief.

She did all the measurements and said everything was looking good.  She asked how much I weighed when I was born.  I told her I weight 8 pounds 13 1/4 ounces.  Then I mentioned that Michael weighed almost the same.  She said most first babies take after their mother's birth weight.  I had never heard that before.  The only thing is... I was almost a week late weighing that much.  Olivia is going to come 2 weeks early and probably still weigh close to what I did!!!

So after it was all over she told us that Olivia is coming in at SIX POUNDS and SIX OUNCES.  I asked what percentile that was and she looked and said it was the 92%.  All I know is that you do not want to go over 100%.  So she's big, but not in the worry zone yet I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment