Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pesto Chicken and Bow ties

This is the recipe I sought out from my sister.  It's quick, easy, and tasty.  We like pesto, and I knew this dish would freeze well.  I believe my sister got this recipe online.  The official title is "20 minute Creamy Pesto Chicken and Bow Ties".

What you'll need
3 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
2 T butter or margarine
1-1 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
1/2 cup milk

The recipe says that it is 4 servings at 377 calories a serving.  I have made this for 3 teenagers, Michael and myself and still had leftovers.  It would have to be 4 large servings.

I decided to double this recipe, so the following pictures are double what the ingredients above say.  (Really, I wouldn't have had to.  I just wasn't thinking!)

1. Bowl water, cook pasta as directed
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt butter and cook cubed chicken

3. add soup, pesto sauce and milk to skillet, bring to boil and cook on low for 5 minutes

4. Stir in pasta and heat through

Serve!
Little piece of Bethany trivia--I love blue jello! :)  I've been eating lots of it these past few weeks!

We ate what you see on the plates and then we froze 3 ziplock tupperwares that probably could serve 4 people each.  We will be eating lots of Pesto Chicken and Bow ties in the coming months! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment