Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Prepared (or nesting?)

This list has been in the works for about 3 months.  Seriously.
Yep, I'm that crazy.
 
Behind this list you will find 3 pages of neatly written out recipes.  These are the recipes that go with the meals labeled "easy to make meals".  That way they are handy for Michael or my mom--instead of trying to send them to the right cook book.

I made this list for 3 reasons.
1. Pregnancy brain has already got the best of me, and I imagine the lack of sleep that is coming is not going to have me thinking straight either.
2.  Michael is an incredible help (pregnant or not), but he doesn't always know what the options are.  Sometimes (both pre-pregnancy and pregnant) I am so drained that I ask him to make dinner.  He is willing, but then he wants me to tell him what to make.  One of the main reasons I don't want to make dinner is because I don't want to have to think about it and decide--so this helps us both.  I don't have to have a plan and he can easily look at what is available and choose.
3. My mom is coming to stay with us for a bit and this way she can see what there is to eat and I don't have to worry about feeding a baby and a mother.

Almost everything on the list is stuff we have on hand.  Like I said, I've been planning, preparing and mapping out the list for months now.  Michael will have to make a quick grocery store shop after the birth for things like milk, fresh fruit, and bakery items (buns, etc) that wouldn't last.  Other than that, we are set!

Also, people from church are going to be bringing us meals at first too.  I think we'll be covered for a while! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment