Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day Craft #2

For G, Little Man and I made a stepping stone.  This has been a project that has been in my back pocket of crafts for literally years.  I've just always come up with something different each time, so I've never had to rely on my reserves.  This year it was time to pull out the reserves. :)

Thankfully, Michaels had them on sale.
I got this box for $8.


I bought a beach bucket for a dollar to mix the cement.  Then I just threw it away when we were done.  I didn't want to risk clogging drains, nor did I want to spend the time to clean it out.  The kit came with the cement, pieces of glass, tray to set it up in, and mixing stick.

You are suppose to pour the cement in a bucket and mix with a cup of water.  Stir until mixed, and then pour into plastic mold.

Apparently I added too much water, because ours was really soupy.  Oops.
It said if it was hot you may need to add more... it was hot!

The tiles started sinking!
I left it outside in the heat... hoping that would help.
(Still wet)

After a day of drying (it's suppose to take 48 hours)
The directions said the tiles could be cleaned off with soap and water, so this is after I cleaned it.  Some of them had more cement on them. :(  Oh well... what can you do?!  It says "# 1 DAD" in case you couldn't read it.


Honestly, at this point we are doing good just to have a Father's Day gift for G! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment