Monday, June 6, 2011

35 Weeks

 No need to adjust your computer screen.  No, I'm not sick.  It was just a lazy day with no make up.  I didn't feel like doing my hair either.  So, this is what you get...  I'm looking pretty stinkin' big, huh?


How far along: 35 weeks

Size of baby: for weeks 33 to 36 (month 8) the baby is the size of a honeydew
As of Tuesday the 31st she was 6 pounds, 6 ounces

Total weight gain/loss: +28.6

Gender: It's a girl!  Olivia Grace is on her way!

Movement: I've felt her much more this week--mostly because I'm laying around doing nothing.  When you are on the move, you are basically rocking the baby to sleep.  Since I am not on the move, she has been awake much more.

Sleep: I had a really good week of sleep.  I slept in most days and even took a few naps.

What I miss: being comfortable... Yep, I'm at that stage

Cravings: sweets, fruit

Symptoms: just a little cramping and a few headaches, other than that it's been a good week

Fun Purchases: Even though I was on bed rest we went out and did a few things (not too much).  Tuesday morning after my doctor's appointment we went and did a big grocery shop.  I spent the day before planning out what we would need.  Luckily it went rather quick since I was organized.  Then Wednesday morning we headed to Costco.  We stocked up on snacks, toilet paper, paper towels, Clorox wipes, and a few other goodies we found along the way.  Even though these aren't necessarily "fun" purchases, it makes me happy because I feel more prepared now.  I guess it's my way of nesting.

Surprises: How boring bed rest is!  I didn't really have plans for my vacation... I'm doing what I thought I would (read, relax, watch TV, sleep in).  Only bed rest makes you feel more imprisoned.  I can't stand and cook like I wanted to, or run to the store without feeling like I have limited time.  I'm hoping that I can avoid bed rest the rest of this pregnancy!

Best Moment this week: not having to get up early and go to work... spending more time with Michael because I was home

Other: The breastfeeding class was just alright.  I'm not sure I learned a ton that I didn't already know.  I guess it was a good refresher coarse.  I'm hoping things go well.  Luckily, there is a lactation consultant that is on call at all times.  Even if I leave the hospital and need more help, it's free to go back in for an appointment.  That is comforting to me.

Dates:
June 8- 35 1/2 wk doctors appointment
 June 11-Baby care class
??--36 1/2 wk doctors appointment
??--37 1/2 wk doctors appointment
June 28-INDUCTION!

THREE WEEKS LEFT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment