Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Powell Street Festival

We found another free activity to fill up our weekend.  We headed to the Powell Street Festival on Sunday afternoon.  I use to go back when we lived here, so it was nice to go back.  I love downtown Powell!

There were lots of home based businesses as well as art and craft type vendors.

Plus, you could go into all of the cute little businesses.
This store is one of my favorites!

This old church use to be a coffee shop.  The owner would do a free story time/music time once a week for little kids.  I use to take Jo Jo there.  You get to drink coffee while your little dances around to live kids music.  It was a win/win.  I'm sad the coffee shop is now gone.

We mostly just walked around and window shopped.  
I did buy a buckeye colored bow for Olivia, but that is about it.

We did want to check out the much talked about Jeni's ice cream.  It was in the short north before we left, but we never made it down there.  Now that it was in our area we made sure to end our outing trying it out.
I will be honest... as much as people talk and RAVE about this ice cream, I was expecting my life to be changed.  It wasn't.  The ice cream was good, but not life changing.  I'd be just as happy with a nice creamy custard from Culvers. Call me crazy if you want.  Also, for what it's worth, after living in Texas both Michael and I are completely over frozen yogurt.  Give us the fat filled custard please! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment