Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fall Sensory Box

Olivia woke up on Friday with a runny nose, so we skipped The Little Gym and stayed home.  (Luckily that was the worst of it.  Just a few days of a runny nose).  So in order to keep her busy and engaged, I broke out the fall sensory box.  Most of the items are still from last year, but I did pick up a few new items from the dollar spot at Target and from Hobby Lobby.

She has shown a recent interest in spiders (?), so I knew the sparkly spiders from HL would be a hit.

She searched the bucket for all 6.

Then lined them up.  I tried to talk about making a pattern, but she didn't get it.

She gave them a hug and a kiss.

Looking at a glitter leaf.

Shaking the acorn bell

She has naturally begun talking about big and small, so this was a good reinforcement.

Exploring same vs. different

She started lining up and counting the pumpkins all on her own.


She spent most of the 30 minutes just doing her thing and exploring.  I did try to ask questions about texture, alike vs different and sounds.  But I let her lead the exploration.  We will be visiting this box again over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment