Tuesday, September 10, 2013

18 weeks, Baby #2


How far along: 18 weeks

Size of baby: Baby is the size of a sweet potato

Total weight gain/loss: +5.2  pounds--not bad! :)
What's funny is, with Olivia I had gained 8 1/2 pounds at this point but didn't have much of a belly.  This time I've gained less but look like I've gained much more!

Maternity clothes: still a mix

Gender: A boy! (to be confirmed next week!)

Movement: Yes!  Not a ton and it's still at the tickle stage verses the kick stage.  It makes me want to scratch the inside of my stomach each time I feel it!

Sleep: I don't want to jinx anything, but over all I haven't had much issue with sleep this pregnancy.  Maybe there are too many things going on that I am just more tired at night?  I do toss and turn some, but that is mostly to relieve the pressure on my hips. I busted out the snoogle at around 7 or 8 weeks!  One nice thing is that Olivia has been sleeping in until 9 or 9:30 every day!  That means I can sleep in!

What I miss: A bigger selection of clothing! :)

Cravings: Still nothing

Food Aversions: Nothing

Symptoms: I am way more sensitive to smells this time around, my hips ache, I have acne once again, and my eye sight has gotten worse.  Oh, and just within the past 2 days I get winded much more easily.  A few months ago I went over to a friend's house who was pregnant.  She was 16 weeks and she said, "Please forgive me, but I'm going to sit as much as possible.  I get winded so easily these days."  I thought to myself that was rather early to be getting winded.  Now here I am at 17 1/2 weeks huffing and puffing after a simple climb up the stairs.  Oh the joys! :)  I've also had some round ligament pain and heartburn.

Surprises: This is sort of baby related and sort of not.  I had to call and change our address for insurance.  Our premiums went down by switching states!  Also, I found out how much I will have to pay at the doctor for the rest of my visits and it's a little less than I was anticipating as well. Bonus!

Best moment this week: I made my doctor's appointment.  In a "normal" world, my next appointment should be in 2 weeks for my anatomy scan.  However, it's sort of weird to go see an ultrasound tech for an anatomy scan and you haven't even met the doctor yet.  So I have an appointment next Monday to meet the doctor.  I may get sent to my anatomy scan right after (they weren't sure if they could fit me in?) or if not, then that will be scheduled for next Thursday.  I am relieved to have a doctor picked out and an appointment in place!  Oh, and if all goes as planned (and we all know how things work within the Sellers household, so you never know!!)... this baby will be delivered at the same hospital Michael was born at.  Also, the same hospital from the Lifetime series "One Born Every Minute". No. I will not be on TV! :)

That's really it.  Most days I don't even "feel" pregnant.  I know I'm lucky compared to some.



No comments:

Post a Comment