Tuesday, September 3, 2013

17 Weeks, Baby #2

 Poor, poor baby number 2!  I really did have every intention of doing my weekly posts.  I didn't plan for a 3 night stay in the hospital and a completely (awful) whirlwind of a move.  So we skipped out on a few weeks. Oops.  I think baby will be happy to extend me grace under the circumstances. :)

I had my 16 week check up.  I was actually only 15w2d, but I wanted to get it in before we moved.  That way I wasn't rushing to find a Dr.  Now I have a few weeks, so it will hopefully be easier to get an appointment.  The appointment went well.  We talked about this crazy thing on my face.  She said some levels were low in my urine.  I can't even remember the word now, but basically she could tell that I wasn't eating and drinking enough.  This was true.  She said, "You won't be any good to anyone if you are passing out."  Then I had to fess up that I almost passed out (3 times!) at Olivia's doctor's appointment earlier in the week.  So I have been trying to do better about drinking water and eating when I'm hungry.

She also said that since it was my last visit ever, she would take a peek and see if she could tell what the sex of the baby is.  She said that she really doesn't like to do it before 16 weeks, and that it was really really early...  She said she was only going to tell me if she was for sure, because she didn't want to give me a guess and then be wrong.  She took a peek and baby was VERY cooperative (according to her and the nurse).  Unlike Olivia at 16 weeks who was sitting criss cross and refused to move.  All that to say, we know what we are having.  Do you want to know??!?!

It's a....................................................














BOY!

I'm sort of nervous to tell.  Only because it was really early and it was seen by an OB and not an ultrasound tech.  I'm sure she's accurate.  She showed me the goods.  I just am anxiously waiting for my anatomy scan to have a little reassurance.  That's why I haven't really announced it on Facebook or anything. 

Since Michael was still at the hospital in recovery with Olivia, I thought I'd do something fun to show him.  My doctor said the Target near us was the quickest pharmacy (since I was trying to get back to the hospital quickly).  So while they filled my prescription, I did a little shopping.  

 I was looking for an outfit or shirt that said something along the lines of "Daddy's boy" or whatever.  I couldn't find anything I liked, so I went for the second best thing (or maybe first best in Michael's mind):
(source)
I also got a little Superman sweatshirt and hat. :)

I will admit that we were sort of hoping for a girl so that Olivia could have a sister.  But now that we know it is a boy, we are quickly wrapping our mind around the idea and warming up to it.  Michael has already picked out a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pajama at Target that is on his "must get" list. :)

Check that out--I take two weeks off and I have a huge belly.  I told Michael the other day that I feel like it showed up out of nowhere.  I guess because I wasn't home and getting dressed and looking in the mirror every day.  I was in a hospital and then on the road.  All of the sudden I have a full on bump!

How far along: 17 weeks

Size of baby: Baby is the size of an onion

Total weight gain/loss: I just unpacked the scale yesterday.  I haven't weighed myself in weeks.  I was the same weight at the doctor's office from my 12 week visit to my 15 week visit, though.

Maternity Clothes: I wear a mix.  Bottoms are definitely maternity, but some dresses and shirts are still regular.

Gender: Boy! Logan Michael is on his way!
 
Movement: Just a little bit.  I think I was too busy to notice it for a while.  But I've been feeling more the lats few days.

Sleep: For the most part it's good.  I get up multiple times a night to pee, but can usually go back to sleep.  I had a rough night the other night, but it's really been one of my first insomnia nights this time around.

What I miss: not much?

Cravings: Meat!  This girl posted on Facebook that she was craving a pickle juice snow cone.  Nope. Nothing crazy like that.  I didn't have strong urge like cravings with Olivia and I haven't this time around either.  But with Olivia I had to force myself to eat protein.  This time around I want steak or a barbeque sandwich whenever its possible.

Food aversions: none

Symptoms: some round ligament pain, being tired

Best moment of the week: Finally getting here to Ohio.  I just wanted that move behind us!

Fun Purchases: We did purchase a few clearance baby boy items.  I'm trying to keep it low key until I have confirmation though. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Bethany! It's always so exciting when you find out what you are having :) Olivia will love being a big sister, no matter if it's a boy or a girl! I am just jealous you already have a name picked out because Bryan & I still can't agree :(

    ReplyDelete