Saturday, September 28, 2013

Polka Dot Tots Sale

About a month before moving here I searched the internet for local kid consignment sales.  I put all of the dates in my phone so I wouldn't miss them.  I'm not going to be able to make it to all of them because of schedule conflicts, location, and the fact that I have Olivia during the day.  But I want to try to make it to a few.  If for nothing else to know which ones to hit up next time!

I went to a new sale last week.  I left shortly after Olivia fell asleep for nap.  It was a bit of a drive for me.  I pulled in to a not so great neighborhood and started second guessing myself.  Then I pulled into the parking lot and there were about 10 cars.  I literally said out loud, "I hope this wasn't a waste of my gas".  The sale started at 9 that morning and I got there around 2:15, so I wasn't sure if anything was going to be left.

Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised.
Logan got 3 long sleeve onesie shirts, 5 pair of pants, one pajama, 3 outfits and a coat.  Again, I mostly stuck with newborn, 0 to 3 months and 3 to 6 months.

Olivia got 2 shirts, 2 sweatshirts, 1 dress, 1 pair of pants and a jacket.  I splurged on that Gap rain coat for $7! :)  I love it!

I also got myself a pair of black dress maternity pants for $3.50.  All that and my total was $59.50 (after tax)

There was a lot that I put back and even more that I avoided.  Some of the prices weren't that great to me.  I realize that some people paid $50 for a new outfit from Gymboree, but I'm not paying $10 for it used.  I can get a new outfit for close to $10 at Target, Carters, or Kohl's on sale.  The point of shopping at consignment sales to me is to get a DEAL.  Usually that means getting name brand items too. But I'm not stuck on the name brand like some are.

No comments:

Post a Comment