Tuesday, September 17, 2013

19 weeks, Baby # 2


How far along: 19 weeks

Size of baby: baby is the size of a mango

Total weight gain/loss: +6.4 pounds

Maternity clothes: Still a mix. About 80% of my maternity clothes are spring and summer, so I'm trying to wear what I can of those.  On the colder days I have a few options.  I will eventually need to pick up a few winter type items, but I'm waiting until it gets a little cooler out and my bump is fuller.  Right now I'm in that stage where my bump is too big for most of my regular clothing items, but it's too small for a lot of my maternity shirts.

Gender: A boy!

Movement: I'm feeling him much more now.  It's still a tickle and not a kick, but it is getting stronger by the day.

Sleep: I have good and bad nights, but overall it's not too bad.

What I miss: not much

Cravings: nothing really
 
 
Symptoms: my hips hurt if I walk too much (and it doesn't even take much), some heart burn, and peeing way too much!  Unfortunately it's more in the night than in the day.  The other day I went at 8 PM, 9, 10, 11, 12, 1 AM, 1:20 and 5:30!!  That is a lot of middle of the night trips to the bathroom!  Luckily most nights it's only 3 times.

Surprises: We weren't for sure if we were going to get our anatomy scan yesterday or have to wait for an opening on Thursday.  So it was nice when it all worked out for us to do it while we were already there!

Favorite purchase: I  have a post coming, but I went to a local consignment sale and was able to buy a few boy things.  Now that I know for sure that it's a boy, I will start paying more attention to sales and such.

Best moment this week: Meeting my new doctor and getting to see baby Logan on the screen and hear his heartbeat!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 I had my first doctor's appointment yesterday! They told me there was a chance that we could get my anatomy scan right after, but even if we didn't Michael should come to meet the new doctor too.  So it was a family affair!

*I really liked my new doctor AND the nurse.  So far there have been a lot of things that I like better in Texas, so it was really nice to be able to leave and feel good about my choice and my future visits.

*She was very pleased with my weight gain.  Also, I gained 30 with Olivia and was down all but 2 to 4 pounds (even though my body looked a lot different), so she was happy about that.

*However, even though the weight gain is going well, she thinks I might have developed gestational diabetes late in my last pregnancy.  I didn't have any symptoms of GD, I passed my test with flying colors, and they tested Olivia at birth and she did not have GD.  Even so, there really is no explanation why she suddenly started measuring so far ahead.  Also, she was a really big baby for 37w4d.  So she wants me to test early this time and also avoid things like soda, white rice/breads/potatoes, etc.  You can't induce without a medical reason until 39 weeks.  So if I don't have high blood pressure this time and things turn out the same as far as babies size, I will end up with a huge baby.  She wants to try to avoid that and the complications (can it fit?) that could arise.

*3 out of 4 of my grandparents have died due to cancer and my mom had ovarian cancer.  That concerned her and she said that I will eventually (after pregnancy?) NEED genetic screening.  This is not something new.  I know my family history.  It's not very comforting, though.

*We did the anatomy scan and everything is looking good.  I was 18w6d and baby was measuring at 19w3d, so that is still pretty normal.  It is for sure a BOY. He is 11 ounces.

*I was told that I need to try to avoid lifting Olivia as much as possible.  They say the limit is between 25 and 30 pounds and she is more than that.  That  could be tricky, but I will try my best.

It was a good visit, and I'm feeling good about the rest of this pregnancy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment