Thursday, September 19, 2013

Apple Tree Art

It has been about two months since Olivia and I have done any crafting or purposeful educational activities.  Now that the dust is settling, I am trying to get us back into the swing of things.

We had nowhere to go yesterday.  We had a lazy morning and then got busy with an art project.  I thought we would do a simple apple tree art project since we just went apple picking.

A good majority of my art supplies are still packed, so I had to go scavenging for necessary items.

First, I gave her a paper plate and a paint brush with green paint.
 She was so happy to be crafting again.

She painted most of the plate green.

I found a scrap piece of brown paper, so that's what we went with for the trunk.
I put the glue on and then had her put it on the paper.

 Pushing it down

The green wasn't exactly dry, but it was time for us to move on.  She used her finger prints to make the apples.

I put the glue on for the paper plate

Then she pushed the plate on (with some assistance--she didn't quite have it on the glue at first).

The finished product.... a very simple two year old art project that she enjoyed doing and is so proud of!
Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment