Thursday, March 3, 2011

Were they right?

Everyone on the bump has been talking about old wives tales and gender prediction.  I never really put much stock in them.  I figured I'd just wait until my 20 week ultrasound (or 19 week in our case) and find out then.  People also keep asking if the OWT's were correct for their situation.  I thought it would be fun to see in our case.

One thing I did check out was the Chinese gender calendar.  There were exactly TWO MONTHS in my entire 30th year where I was suppose to be able to conceive a girl.  Those two months were March and May.  I got pregnant in October.  FAIL

If the heart rate in beats per minutes is over 140 it is suppose to be a girl.  If it's less than 140 it's suppose to be a boy.  The heart rate was over 140 both times.  CORRECT!

Carrying high or low?  If you are carrying high, it's suppose to be a girl.  If you are carrying low, it's suppose to be a boy.  I feel like I'm hardly "carrying" at all, but if I had to choose, I'd say low.  FAIL

Cravings--if you are craving sweet, it's a girl.  If you are craving salty, it's a boy.  I'd say I am craving more sweet.  CORRECT!

Even or odd: If the age of the mother at conception and the year of  conception are both odd or both even, then it's a girl.  If one is odd and one is even then it's a boy.  I conceived at age 30 in the year 2010.  CORRECT!

"If you're breaking out like crazy, blame it on your girl babe. The belief goes that girls steal their mother's beauty, hence, those annoying zits."  CORRECT!


Morning sickness = girl, No morning sickness = boy.  FAIL!

One of the books I read said if you look like you have a perfectly round basketball under your shirt, it's a boy.  If you are gaining your weight everywhere then it's a girl.  I'm pretty sure this one is going to be CORRECT!

If your husband puts on weight during the pregnancy, then it's a girl.  If his weight remains the same, then it's a boy.  At this point, I think it's remained the same.  He's actually trying to lose some.  So I would say this is a FAIL!

If a pregnant woman eats a clove of garlic and the smell does not come out of her pores, it’s a girl.  If the smell seeps out of her pores, it’s a boy.  I haven't eaten too much garlic, but I think I'd say this is CORRECT!

The eye test is when a “V” or “branches” appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye.  If you see a “V” or “branches” in the white part, you’re having a girl.  (I also read another spot that said if it's under your right it's a boy.)  I do have a V under my left eye, so this is CORRECT!

If you are moody you are having a girl because you have all of her hormones in you.  If you are happy then you are having a boy.  I have not been moody or emotional at all.  FAIL!

If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she’s having a boy.  If she prefers resting on her right side, she’s having a girl.  Interesting!  I use to always sleep on my left side, but now I prefer my right.  CORRECT!


When a woman craves meat and cheese (protein) it's a boy.  I have had to struggle to get my protein in, so I'd say this is CORRECT!

Well, there are tons more out there, but this is a good variety.  I didn't try the ring or drano test, which seem to be the most popular.  There were definitely more right than wrong!  Of course, it's all in fun! :)

1 comment:

  1. Chinese gender chart: Ryan:WRONG Molly:RIGHT

    Heart Rate: Ryan:WRONG Molly:WRONG

    Carrying: Ryan:RIGHT Molly:RIGHT (I tend to believe this one out of all of them!)

    Acne: Ryan:RIGHT Molly: WRONG

    Morning Sickness: Ryan:RIGHT Molly:WRONG

    Weight (basketball or all over): Ryan:WRONG Molly:RIGHT (I gained ALL over w/ Ryan, but just my belly w/ Molly!)

    Husband: Jimmy didn't gain weight for either one!

    Side sleeping: WRONG for both, I wanted to lay on my back for both!

    Meat: CORRECT! I wanted hamburgers all the time w/ Ryan, I didn't care much about meat w/ Molly!

    these are fun, but like you, I didn't hold much stock in them and just waited for the u/s!!

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete