Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The O

I mentioned in my "nursery" post that I was planning on using some sort of "O" in Olivia's room.  Since I got the idea in my head of decorating an "O", I had to get on it! :)  I didn't have much of a plan.  I just knew that I wanted a pretty big sized O in order to be able to really decorate it.  I found what I wanted at JoAnn's.  Then I just walked through the scrapbook and ribbon aisles and gathered things I thought looked good.  I wasn't quite satisfied, so the next day I went to Hobby Lobby.  After gathering all of my supplies, I just sat down and played it by ear.  Here's how it turned out.

I swear, when I leaned it on the dresser it was straight!  Now it looks like it's leaning to the right.  Oh well.  It will eventually get hung up.  I'm planning on hanging it inside of an empty frame.

First, I painted it white.
Second, I used the brown flower scrapbook paper on the left.
One of the other things I bought (the shiny rub on paisleys) came with some sticky bling bling.  
I just added them to the middle of a few of the flowers.

In order to cover up the line of the paper, I glued on some green flower jewels

I added paisley scrapbook paper to the bottom.
I covered that edge with ribbon. 
I also added some swirly things and some more jewels. :)

More ribbon in a circle pendant

I didn't get a close up of the paisleys, but they were rub-ons.  They are a little shiny.  Each one is individual, so I just made up the pattern myself.
I do realize that the white doesn't stand out too much against the walls.  I did think about this before painting it.  However, we only plan on living in this apartment until Olivia is about 5 or 6 months.  Eventually her nursery will have painted walls.  Because of that, I went with the white.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I'll show you again once it gets on the wall.

2 comments:

  1. Very Cool! I also like the empty frame idea.... sounds familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats cute B! :-)

    ReplyDelete