Monday, March 28, 2011

25 Weeks

 We had an entire week in the 80's and then suddenly Sunday it was in the 50's.  Brr!
As you can see, I am still sporting the "B" bump.  My belly button isn't even close to popping!  I'd rather it not pop, but I'd also like to have a normal looking bump.  Hmm...


How far along: 25 weeks

Size of baby: for weeks 25 to 28 the baby is the size of an eggplant

Total weight gain/loss: +15.8 (stayed the same)

Maternity clothes: still a mix, but mostly maternity
I am in a weird stage.  I bought a few sundresses a while back thinking that I will live in them this summer. I got them a little bigger.  I figured I'd be huge and I want to be comfortable.  They are still too big.  It's been in the 80's all week, so pants and long sleeve shirts are out too.  I needed some in-between spring clothes.  So, I went shopping! :) Maternity clothes are annoying to me.  They either cost a fortune (they know you NEED them and have to pay!), are not cute, or just cannot be found.  I don't prefer to order online, because it's hard to know if they will fit and then it costs a fortune to send back.  I'm thinking if you are looking for a way to make money--open a maternity clothing store with cute and cheap clothes.  You'll be set!  Anyway, I did find another pair of leggings.  This time I went with navy cropped ones.  I got two different tunics to go with them.  I also found a few capris and another t-shirt type shirt.  I think I'll be set now.  Well, I'm still looking for a cute outfit to wear to my baby shower, but other than that, I'm good. :)


Gender: It's a girl!  Olivia Grace is on her way!

Movement: Wow!  She is moving a lot now.  It's becoming pretty predictable too.  That is, if I'm sitting or laying around.  I don't notice it as much if I'm on the move.  She kicks in the morning (after breakfast), again in the afternoons during nap time, almost every day around 4, and then at night around 9.  I actually SAW my belly move this week, which was cool but a little weird.  Michael was able to see it move on Saturday night, although the kicks weren't quite as hard then so the movement was a little quicker/softer.  I'm sure we have plenty of time to see belly movement! :)

Sleep: I started out the week with some insomnia.  I heard it's common in the 3rd trimester, so I'm suspecting that will get worse in weeks to come.  I didn't even hardly nap this week either.  My sleep got better toward the end of the week.  Thank goodness!

What I miss: sleeping on my stomach


Cravings: not much this week, ice cream maybe?

Symptoms: back pain, some insomnia, swollen hands and feet, and a very slight linea nigra

I've had a few mornings where I throw up my breakfast and I can't figure it out.  I don't think it's morning sickness.  There is no nausea.  Nothing.  I just eat, then throw it up, then I'm all better.  It's not acidic either.  I'm thinking it may have something to do with the thyroid medicine, but I don't know.  I'm suppose to take it first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, with lots of water, and a half hour to hour before I eat.  I do all those things--except maybe I'm not drinking enough water with it?! That's all I can think of.  But my boss is on the same stuff, an even higher dosage, and she said she doesn't even follow the rules sometimes and she's never had a problem.  So I don't know.  Maybe it is a weird kind of morning sickness?


Surprises: seeing my belly move... we thought it would be a little bit before that happened.  

Fun Purchases: I bought all the supplies to start making my letter "O" for Olivia's room

Milestones: I'm in my 6th month!

What I'm looking forward to: My trip to Ohio!  I get a few days off work... get to see some of my most favorite people... get to have a fun baby shower... hang out with family from Indiana (part of my favorite people, but they are staying overnight, so I get to see them for a good amount of time)... road trip with my friend Laurie!!

1 comment:

  1. ROAD TRIP!!! Can't wait... sure to be different than our last... no need for windex this time.

    ReplyDelete