Monday, March 14, 2011

23 Weeks


How far along: 23 weeks

Size of baby: baby is the size of a papaya (still)
At 22 weeks, the bump starts measuring the size of the baby by month.  I think she's going to be a papaya for a couple of weeks!  

Total weight gain/loss: +15
Yikes!  The few ounces I lost last week I gained back with a vengeance!
I'm not sure if it's because my routine was thrown off (staying at Little Man's house half the week), or if it's just normal pregnancy gain.  I did try to eat healthier this week, but some of my "out to eat" choices weren't the best.  The girl who's blog I got this survey thing from gained quite a bit at week 22.  She said her doctor said that baby and mommy gain a lot of weight this month.  I think I'm going to go with that theory! :)  I haven't seen my doctor in what feels like forever, so I hope she's ok with my gain when I go in next Monday.

Maternity clothes: still a mix, but mostly maternity

Gender: It's a girl!  Olivia Grace is on her way!

Movement: She has been kicking a lot this week.  I sent Michael a text one day saying that she was having a dance party in my belly and that he better start practicing his moves. :)  I feel like the kicks are getting much stronger.  I *think* I can feel them from the outside.  It's hard to tell at this point since I'm feeling them from the inside too.  Michael has yet to feel her. :(

Sleep: Once again I've had a pretty good week of sleep, but I've been waking up with terrible back pain.  If only I could sleep on my stomach or back!  I really want to get a prenatal massage, and probably will at some point.  However, I think I might need to see a chiropractor as well.  I've never been to one before!  I'm going to check with my doctor next week.  I'm almost positive it's OK, but she may have a recommendation of where to go.

What I miss: sleeping on my stomach

Cravings: not much this week... it's been a pretty normal week as far as eating goes

Symptoms: back pain and itchy skin

Surprises: We decided to try to put the baby furniture together.  I was sick of it sitting in boxes in our dining room.  Michael got the stuff out for the crib and unfortunately one of the pieces was damaged.  It was a piece that really did need to be replaced.  We couldn't live with the damage.  We emailed customer service last night and are hoping for a response today.  Even worse is that the piece we are needing says "out of stock" on the website.  It says it will be back in stock sometime in May.  This does not make me happy!  I'm really hoping that this is not the case.

Fun Purchases: We are starting to get things together for the "nursery", so we bought a few things for that.  (lamp, art and pom poms).  More on the "nursery" in another post -- coming soon! :)

1 comment: