Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This and That Tuesday

My boss work for Pepsico, so there is a lot of Pepsi and Frito Lay paraphernalia laying around the house.  Little Man especially loves Cheetos, so he has a few Chester Cheetah things.  On Friday he came running out of the house (in socks!) so excited to give me this
He proudly exclaimed it was for Olivia.  
Pepsi has never been my first choice of drink, but I sure do love that it pays my bills! :)

     ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got Michael's schedule.  It goes by performance rather than seniority and there is a chance to switch your schedule around every 6 months.  Michael was 3rd in his class, so he was able to pick from the list pretty quick.  Unfortunately, none of the choices were that great.  I guess that's what you get when you are new.  Starting April 10th he will be working Sunday through Thursday 3 PM to 11:30 PM.  Luckily he'll have his Friday's (and nights) off, as well as all day Saturday.  Also, since he won't have to go to work until 3 on Sundays, we'll be able to go to church.  Unfortunately, the small group is Sunday nights, so for now we will miss out on that.  The twist in all of this is that the 6 month "change your schedule" time (it has a technical name, but I don't know it) is in the middle of May.  That means he will only work this schedule for 30 some days before it could get changed again.  The change could end up being good, or it could end up being bad.  Since it goes by performance, and he'll only have been on the phones for about a month, there is no telling where he will fall in the ranking.  Again, it's all part of being new.  One good thing is that he will get the shift differential of a dollar more an hour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just found out that Little Man will be doing the summer camp program at his school.  They have two sessions and he will be doing both.  One runs the entire month of June and the other runs the entire month of July.  He gets out at the end of May, so he will literally have one week off and then go back to school.  He will also have just a few weeks off in August before returning for Kindergarten.  The camp times are the same as he goes now (8:45 to 11:45), so not much of our schedule will change.  I think they are doing this for numerous reasons.  One, going to a Montessori school is very different for him, and he is having to adapt, adjust and in some ways "catch up".  (Which, in reality isn't because he's behind.  They expect preschoolers to do 1st grade work.  Don't get me started!!!)  K said they chose to do it because Nana and Papa will be here for the month I am on maternity leave.  She wants him to keep some sort of schedule instead of having a free for all every day.  She also said that she didn't figure I'd be wanting to drive him all around Dallas trying to find things to entertain him with during my last month of pregnancy. (How nice and thoughtful!)  She didn't say so, but I think they are also doing it as a sort of back up.  The school has a before and after school program.  If anything should happen to me during the end of my pregnancy, or I get stuck at the doctor for a long time (fetal stress test,etc), or I go into labor before Nana and Papa are in town, then he can stay at school.  Also, I go to my doctor appointments while he is at school, so it will be nice that I won't have to drag him along to any.  I'm pretty happy about it.  Honestly, I've been having a hard time finding things for us to do around town.  The idea of filling up a summer with fun places to go is just exhausting to me.  Now I only have to fill up a week! :)  Plus, I'll be able to rest in the mornings still.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Items are being collected and shipped for the nursery.  I'm so excited.  I haven't done much else with it since the last time you saw it.  I'm waiting for all the pieces to come together first.  I'm not exactly sure where I want some things hung.  One item got shipped over the weekend and the other should be shipped within the week.  I'm also going to get a few floating shelves or something.  Then the fun will begin!  I can't wait to show you the progress.  I'm pretty sure that since most of the walls in our apartment are still bare, she's going to have the best decorated room of the place. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back when I was one of the single teachers at school, I was asked to stay with the kids of one of our school families while the parents were on vacation.  There were four kids and they ranged in age from 5th grade to 12th grade.  3 of the kids were girls and one was a boy.  They were (are) very good kids.  They probably didn't need me.  I was just there to make meals, make sure they got up and out the door for school, and to make any judgment calls (like when one was sick and needed to stay home from school).  I had a blast.  The girls were great, and I was young enough that I was able to relate to them.  I stayed with them one to two times a year for the next 4 years.  They have since moved to Florida and the youngest is a senior in high school.  I keep up with them on facebook, but don't get to see them much.  They obviously won't be able to come to my baby shower, but I got this in the mail yesterday
Attached was a sweet note saying that they are so happy that the best nanny ever is now needing one of these.  They are so happy for me and love me.  How sweet is that?  I love that family!  Getting the bassinet was just the icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment