Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stories

Story # 1

It turns out that my OBGYN's son is in Little Man's Tae Kwon Do (TKD) class.  Usually the nanny brings him, but she is there every once in a while.  She was there last week and just happened to sit next to me.  I knew she didn't really know who I was.  I've only see her once, and it was way back in January.  (My February appointment was with the person doing the sonogram and then the nurse practitioner.)  Normally I am not the kind of person to just carry on conversations with people around me.  However, Nana and Papa were there, and Nana will talk to everyone!  I had told her she was my OBGYN and that was all the more reason for her to chat! :)  We talked through most of the class... just things about LM's hair, and how her son wasn't paying attention, etc.  At one point she asked me how I was related to LM.  I said I was his nanny.  I also introduced Nana.  I said that we had just moved here and Nana was visiting.  I explained that Little Man's family had paid to move me down here with them.  She said she wasn't sure if I was the step mom.  Then the conversation went something like this:

Dr.: "Where did I just here something about that?  Someone else was telling me that a family moved them here to be their nanny".
Me: "It was probably me"
Dr.: "No.... (pondering, and probably thinking she had never talked to me before).  It wasn't you..."
Me: "Hmm..."
Dr.: "Who was that?.... (pondering)
Me: "I think it might have been me"
Dr.: "No... You know, I think it was one of my patients"
Me: "I am one of your patients"

This led to lots of laughs.  She said she thought I looked familiar, but then some days everyone looks like a patient.  She couldn't figure out where she knew me from.  I told her not to worry... that I had only seen her once and it was a month and a half ago.  I think that made her feel a little better.  Then Nana said, "You didn't recognize the belly?"  Ha!

Story # 2

Little Man loves talking about Olivia.  He is always full of questions and has really cute things to say.  Yesterday we had this conversation:

LM: "Hey Bethany, I saw a commercial for something I think Olivia will like when she's 2"
Me: "Oh yeah, what was it?"
LM: "It's a doll that you can feed it fake food.  Do you think she'll like that?"
Me: "Yep, she probably will"
LM: "Well, I don't think it will be good for her when she's 1.  She won't understand it.  She probably should just get it when she's 2."
Me: "You are probably right"

Isn't he the sweetest? :)

He also wants to know where I will be having her first birthday party, and what babies wear in the pool.  He said he thinks she will definitely need ducky floaties or she will drown.  ;)

I can't wait to see what he's like with her.  I'm pretty sure he is always going to be close by and be willing to help in any way he can.

No comments:

Post a Comment