Thursday, May 13, 2010

Update: Saving $$



You may remember that back in the beginning of the year I had a little mini series on saving money.  Hopefully it helped you in some way.  In one of the posts I mentioned that we were switching all our bulbs to the energy efficient kind.  We also started unplugging everything--including our washer and dryer, etc.  I mentioned that I'd follow up with you on the difference that it made in our bills.  So here you go...

I'll be honest.  We were doing pretty good, but became a little soft in some of the areas.  Overall, we are still unplugging and trying to save energy though.

Our bill in January was $97.60.  This was before any changes.  We changed all our bulbs at the end of January/beginning of February.  We also started unplugging things around that same time.  Our February bill dropped down to $83.47.  Not bad, huh?  Especially since last year the February bill was $93.79. 

Our bill has pretty much remained in the low 80's where last year's bills were in the 90's.  We are essentially saving $10 a month.  Last year's May bill was $96.20, this year's May bill was $79.67.  I'll take it!  A savings is a savings in my book, and I'll take whatever I can get these days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment