Monday, May 17, 2010

Polar Bears!

Michael and I decided to go to the zoo yesterday.  I have been to the zoo more in the last two years than all the previous 28 years combined.  I'm not even exaggerating either!  Michael hadn't been in a while, and we get in free with my work membership.  Even though I have been to the zoo a lot, I hadn't seen the new polar bear exhibit that opened a week and a half ago.  Plus, it's nice to experience it and share it all with my husband and not always just a 4 year old!  It turned out to be the perfect weather for it too.  It was a great date afternoon. 

Here's some of what we saw.
Wolves

Moose


THE POLAR BEAR AREA!!!!!
It's pretty cool.  There are outside areas and under water areas.

sitting on the glass

playing with a toy

close up of the face

outside

Michael next to the size of a brown bear and a polar bear

artic fox

lions
Mom, Dad and three cubs

Well, I took about 50 more pictures before my camera died (including lots more of the polar bears), but this post is getting long enough.  Hope you enjoyed them!  I'm taking Little Man to see the polar bears for the first time this Friday and I can't wait.  He's going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment