Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day craft

Mother's Day is Sunday.  That means it's time for a Mother's Day craft.

 Here's what we made.
I'll be honest.  When I was buying the supplies, I was a little worried it wasn't going to turn out how I pictured it in my head.  Luckily, it did.  I think it's super cute.

What you'll need...
Scrapbook paper, a frame (optional, I guess), fake flowers, pom poms, buttons, sequins and craft glue

The frame wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but it was one I had from a previous project that didn't work out.  I was trying to be frugal! :)  I took the glass out and cut a piece of the scrapbook paper to fit in as the background.  I chose a plain(ish) green piece.  I didn't want something that was going to be visually conflicting with the flowers.  

Then I printed off a picture of a vase.  I cut it out and traced it on to the back of the other scrapbook paper.  I made sure to trace it on to the back in case Little Man didn't cut on the lines.  I didn't want black marks showing up on the vase.

Then I had Little Man cut it.  After all, it's HIS Mother's Day gift.
He did pretty good too!
We glued it on to the frame with a crafting glue stick.

Then we started adding flowers.
I let Little Man put them on how he wanted. (Which was HARD for me!! :)
I did try to guide him to put the bigger ones on the bottom.  I also tried to make him use all his options and not just pom poms.  Ultimately, though, I let him have the final say.

A closer look
I really tried to avoid the green pom pom.  Unfortunately, green is his favorite color so it was going on no matter what! :)  At the top you'll see he also layered a purple flower with a yellow flower.  No big deal.  He kept saying how "beautiful" it was and how "mommy is going to love it".

I think it's pretty fabulous myself.  ha!

We are going to make a card too and probably color some papers or something.  Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment