Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Back Up Plan

Michael and I don't go to the movies together very often.  Mostly because it's so expensive, but also because I am just not a huge movie person.  Michael will go to movies by himself.  Since he use to have random days off, and not necessarily weekends, he'd go to the early showings where the price was low.  That way he got to see his movie (that I don't really care to see), pay a reasonable price, and not fight the crowds.  It's a win win! :)

However, every once in a while we'll see a movie together.  Luckily I have a husband that will see chick flicks with me.  He does have his limits--no criers--but he compromises.  We had a gift card to the movies (through our bank rewards) and decided to go see The Back Up Plan.

All the previews I saw were pretty funny.  Even Michael thought the previews made it look like a funny comedy.  Yeah........ not so much.  It was one of those where all the funny parts were in the previews.  I hate it when that happens!!!!

But I did do my share of laughing.  However, my laughing wasn't really at the movie, but more at my husband who was squirming in the seat next to me.  You have to understand--Michael is a very modest guy and doesn't like things like kissing scenes and gets embarrassed when people (yes even fictional characters) do  embarrassing things.  Like The Office... he loves the show, but watches half of it hidden behind a pillow because Michael Scott embarrasses him with his crazy talk.  So there we were.  Kissing scenes, pictures of Jennifer Lopez's naked butt, people making fools of themselves, love scenes and an over-dramatized birth scene that showed more than my husband bargained for.  The movie was definitely not worth our $19 (whether it was a gift card or not), but watching my husband turn shades of red and wait for the woman screaming and talking about pooping during labor was really quite entertaining.

The moral of this story--if you haven't already gone to see The Back Up Plan, wait until it comes to The Red Box and pay $1.

1 comment: