Saturday, May 1, 2010

House Tour--The basement

Last time I showed you my kitchen.  I mentioned that next to the hutch is where the stairs to the basement were.  It looks a little something like this.

I took this one so you could see the relation to the hutch and kitchen wall.

There is one little step down and a small landing

Then down the stairs we go...

Some of these pictures I took when we were putting our house on the market.  Everything pretty much looks the same.  I just used them because they were taken during the daylight, so they looked a little nicer.

Here's a view from mid-stair

more views

Thoughts...

We really like this space.  It's pretty cozy.  Michael is a huge fan of blue, which explains the walls! :)

I like most of the stuff down here.  I like the furniture, I like the TV, I like the decor.

I love this wedding picture.  It's the entire wedding party jumping and it's just so fun.

I like the top of both of the media towers.

I really like Willow Tree figurines and I think this figurine matches our wedding picture.
The frame also has our name and wedding date on it, but you can't see it because of the flash.

What I DON'T like is how high I hung this picture and sconces.
I did it for a reason though.  Michael likes to put pillows up on the back of couches (for his head) and sometimes people stretch their arms behind their back and things get knocked off the wall.  On an average day, the chair looks like the picture above.  I was smart in planning ahead, however, when the room is cleaned up and "put together", the picture looks waaaaayy too high.  I don't feel like dealing with nail holes, so it shall remain looking ridiculous! :)

I also HATE this:
We don't have an end table.  We are using folding dinner table.  Not only that, but it doesn't even match the color of the wood of the rest of our furniture.  Hate. It. Lots.
Maybe one day I'll get a real end table?!?!  Maybe... (HINT HINT MICHAEL)

There is also a half bath down there and a laundry room/storage room (which I showed you when I re-organized it)
Those are actually trivets I found and used them as wall hangings.
I think I mentioned before that Michael really likes all things Japanese and since the basement is "sort of" his likes, I went with it... a little! :)  But I do like them.

I also like that we hung this shelf.  It's so much nicer than the builders towel hanger.
Michael went on a fishing trip with his buddies about three weeks after we met.  He brought me back a bag of seashells and that is what is in the jar on the shelf.

So you've seen two floors of our house...top floor coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment