Saturday, May 8, 2010

Frustrated

Warning--this blog is going to be a bit pointless, a little short, and very random.

I haven't done a "pet peeve" blog in a while and I was reminded of one this week that I would share.  This is one that has bothered me for nearly 15 years.  Are you curious what it could be?

I CANNOT stand, nor can I comprehend, why so many people say that they are "fusstrated".  It is so FRUStrating when people say they are FUSStrated.  I don't get it.  It's an 'r' blend.  People have no problem saying words like frog, fruit, front, frost, frozen, Fred, friend, Frank, and from.  Why, oh why, is it so common for people to mispronounce this word?  If anyone out there can help me solve this mystery, I would greatly appreciate it.  I would be even more thankful of you if you can join my crusade in getting people to talk correctly.

Happy Saturday my friends! :)

Sincerely,
Your sometimes very fRustrated blogger

1 comment:

  1. lol are we related??!! LOL that bothers me sooo much too! My father-in-law says that all the time and I'm like FRUStrated!! I hear that on news and on tv shows now too!!! People keep forgetting letters--or adding them to words these days! (WASH, NOT WARSH) :)

    ReplyDelete