Friday, May 14, 2010

Flashback Friday

I've decided that just for fun I'm going to do a "Flashback Friday" every once in a while.  This may include pictures or stories from the past, a re-visit of old blog posts, or other thing I come up with to look back on.

I think you are really going to enjoy this first one!!  I have a special treat for you. :)  Back when I was teaching, I would go all out for special occasions and fun "days".  One of those fun "days" was Dr. Seuss day.  We would make green eggs and ham--with the kids actually cracking the eggs, stirring, and scrambling in an electric skillet.  We'd read Seuss books... play educational games... do related art projects, etc.  I would also make each kid a scrapbook to give them at the end of the year.  Because of this, I always took pictures of everything and made sure I had fun pictures to include.  One such picture I did for Dr. Seuss day was that I drew out a huge Cat in the Hat.  I cut out the face and then had the kids pose inside the Cat in the Hat.  They loved it.  When I quit teaching I had to bring everything home.  While some of the stuff sat in our living room waiting to be taken to my mother-in-law's basement, Michael decided to look at some of the stuff.  He came across the Cat and want his turn to pose in the cut out.  I just happened to snap a picture.  Lucky us! :)

Don't worry... I still have it in case you want a picture too! :)

Happy Friday my friends.

1 comment: