Friday, May 21, 2010

Flashback Friday

For our first anniversary Michael and I went to a bed and breakfast about an hour and a half away (still in Ohio).  We needed something a little low budget, but still wanted to at least get away for a little celebration.  The place was really cute and we had a great time.  We went 4 wheeling (my first time ever), took some walks and enjoyed the scenery and even enjoyed the mini petting zoo.  Yep.  That's right.  I did something involving animals.  Now if you know me at all, you know I am not an animal person.  Most animals scare me.... even if it's an irrational fear, it's still a fear.  For example, I know in my mind there is nothing a little tweety bird can do to me.  Regardless, if it lands on my shoulder or flies close--I will scream and duck.  I can't help it.  So when the lady at the B&B gave us a bag of apples to feed the mini horses and the camel, I was a bit nervous.

Michael looked like he was having so much fun feeding and petting the little guys that I decided I didn't want to be left out.


I was taking pictures and then all of the sudden...
AHHH!  Yeah.  There was no zoom involved in this picture.  The guy was suddenly in my space.  You better believe I screamed! :)

So before all the apples were gone, I thought I'd give it a go.  A little hesitant at first.

a little closer...

Ok. CLOSE!  Take the picture quick!!!

Oh my word, I even touched the thing!

Alright.  I guess we can be friends.

I fed and petted the miniature horses too (it was super windy that day!)

So I'll scream at birds and RUN from cats.... but apparently camels are doable.  Yes, I am fully aware I make no sense.  I can't help it! :)

1 comment: