I started off by taping a piece of orange construction paper to the inside of a paper box lid.
Then I put three globs of black paint on the paper. In hind sight, I should have put them on the box instead of the paper, because it left big huge spots of black. Oh well. Live and learn.
I dropped the marble in and showed her how to tip the lid back and forth. Then she got to work.
After our web was all done, I went ahead and painted her hands to make the spider. I think this is the first time I've painted them. At least that I can remember. She did really good! I probably should have used a different kind of paint though. It didn't show up the greatest.
After the spider was painted and her hands were cleaned up, I put two glue dots for eyes. She glued on the googley eyes.
Since I didn't love the 3 big black blobs of paint, I trimmed them the best I could and taped the page to a black border. She went and proudly showed Michael her spider right away.
And because she was so interested, I let her play with some of the marbles from the bag. I supervised, of course. She's pretty good with not putting things in her mouth, but this is one time where I wasn't going to risk it. I tried to get her to count them, but she wanted nothing to do with it.