Thursday, October 24, 2013

Spider Art

I mentioned in my sensory box post that Olivia has taken a liking to spiders. This mostly has to do with a spider that was "put to sleep" by grandma.  When thinking of fall crafts to do, I knew that a spider would be a fun addition.  I remember making this spider art with Little Man, and thought it would be perfect to do with Olivia.

I started off by taping a piece of orange construction paper to the inside of a paper box lid.

Then I put three globs of black paint on the paper.  In hind sight, I should have put them on the box instead of the paper, because it left big huge spots of black.  Oh well.  Live and learn.

I dropped the marble in and showed her how to tip the lid back and forth.  Then she got to work.

After our web was all done, I went ahead and painted her hands to make the spider.  I think this is the first time I've painted them.  At least that I can remember.  She did really good!  I probably should have used a different kind of paint though.  It didn't show up the greatest.

After the spider was painted and her hands were cleaned up, I put two glue dots for eyes.  She glued on the googley eyes.

Since I didn't love the 3 big black blobs of paint, I trimmed them the best I could and taped the page to a black border.  She went and proudly showed Michael her spider right away.

And because she was so interested, I let her play with some of the marbles from the bag.  I supervised, of course.  She's pretty good with not putting things in her mouth, but this is one time where I wasn't going to risk it.  I tried to get her to count them, but she wanted nothing to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment