Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pumpkin Painting

Our art project for the week was to decorate our pumpkin.  I knew we'd probably be going to a few farms and end up with more than one pumpkin, so I thought it would be fun to decorate one.

We started out with Olivia painting it with glitter paint.
In my head the pumpkin was going to be much smaller! This thing took up her entire booster seat tray.

So we switched it up.  She got out of the seat and stood while she painted.

For the most part, I held the tray and turned the pumpkin.  She just painted wherever she wanted.  It's hard to see from the pictures, but the paint has glitter and confetti pieces in it.

We were going to add some jewels, but it took a while for the paint to dry so we had to wait a day or two.

I put dots of glue and she put the jewels on.

After the acorns on the beans project, I wasn't sure how long this was going to last.  I started at the top and  just kept turning the pumpkin as we went. Oddly enough, she loved it.  She was very particular about the color she wanted to use each time.  She liked the black ones, but wasn't so much a fan of the clear ones.

Olivia is very proud of our new centerpiece. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment