Tuesday, October 1, 2013

21 weeks, Baby #2



I've been wearing my glasses almost every day, because I suddenly cannot see out of my contacts.  I need to get to the eye doctor, but haven't yet.

How far along: 21 weeks!

Size of baby: baby is the size of a banana  

Total weight gain/loss: +6.8 (exactly the same as last week)

Maternity clothes: I'm mostly in all maternity at this point.  I bought a few pair of pants a few weeks ago, so I'm pretty good in that department.  A lot of my shirts from last time are too big.  I'm thinking I bought them too big last time?!  It's seeming like a lot of my maternity clothes are too big.  I'm over half way, so I don't want to buy a ton. (Although I know I'll use some after the baby gets here too.)

Gender: It's a BOY!

Movement: Yes!  It has moved from a tickle to full on movement.  I don't necessarily think it's a kick.  It's more like somersaults.  He was going crazy on Sunday!

Sleep: I wouldn't say I have sleep insomnia, but it is hard for me to get to sleep at night.  I've We've been staying up too late.  Once I fall asleep I do pretty well.

What I miss: Sleeping through the night

Cravings: Still waiting on this one....

Symptoms: heartburn, aching hips, shortness of breath, sleep trouble

Surprises: I sat down and looked at a registry guide and tried to come up with a list of what we need.  It is way more than I thought! Of course, we could always put Logan in purple socks, using bibs that say "Daddy's Princess", wrapped in pink lady bug blankets and use towels with butterflies on them.  I'm not sure that will fly though. :)  All of the big items from the first time were gender neutral.  It's all the little things that add up--blankets, socks, bibs, burp clothes, nursing pads, milk storage bags, disposable changing table covers, pacifiers, and on and on we go....

Best Moment of the week: moving from a tickle to a "kick".  I'm pretty sure I felt it on the outside already too!

Fun purchases:  I went to another consignment sale this week (blog coming).  Logan got a few more items of clothing and pajamas.  That's it so far.  I'm ready to sit down and start buying the items we will need, but I'm trying to be patient and make lists/compare prices.  I think it's an early nesting thing.  I just want to check the things off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment