Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sidewalk Paint

The weather was beautiful towards the end of last week.  We took the opportunity to play outside after naps, and since Olivia has really been into all things drawing/coloring/painting I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to use some sidewalk paint for the first time.
We have tons of sidewalk chalk, but I thought painting would be a fun little twist.  I saw a few moms mention it in one of my mom groups, and it is all over pinterest.  So we gave it a try.  There are two different ways to do it (that I've seen).  One way that is suppose to be brighter and bolder is to crush up some sidewalk chalk and add water.  I was looking for ease, though.  So I went with the traditional method of mixing 1 part water to 1 part cornstarch and adding drops of food coloring.

The driveway was too hot for Olivia.  She decided she wanted to be able to sit in the grass, so she painted on our front sidewalk.

I laid Logan down while I was getting everything organized for Olivia..

and within minutes he had rolled off of his blanket onto the grass and was not happy about it!

Since "favorite colors" is a hot topic around our house (and I had some neon food coloring that happened to be all 4 of our favorite colors), those are the colors she got--blue, green, pink and purple.

She had a great time choosing what color to use for each drawing

 Logan ended up hanging out on my lap for a bit.  He was just chewing away at his keys and enjoying the breeze in his face.

Olivia wanted to paint a huge rock that is in our neighbors yard. I told her it wasn't ours, but that she could paint the rocks in our yard.  (Excuse the tall grass and weeds!  I was gone every single night this week,so Michael didn't have a chance to get to the yard work!)

Trying to stay in the shade

 She went around the circle until she had painted 4 different rocks the 4 different colors

Painting is intense ;)

She eventually moved to the front sidewalk

and not  long after that the neighbor girls joined in

Michael got home and I had to head to work, but I'm told the painting continued for quite some time--until most of it was gone or had started to dry up from being out in the sun for so long.  Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment