Wednesday, May 4, 2011

List o' fun-- Dallas Children's Aquarium

The first week we were all here in Dallas was a little crazy.  It was right after the New Year and Little Man wasn't enrolled in school yet.  We had about 5 days to go exploring and see what Dallas had to offer.

I'll admit, it's been much harder for me to find things to do here for him then in Columbus.  I literally had a 3 page list of things to do in Columbus.  Here, I have about 5 or 6 things and nothing has been all that great in my opinion.  I would have guessed it would be the other way around since Dallas is bigger.  Maybe I just haven't been looking in the right places.  I'm not sure.  Luckily, since Little Man goes to school 5 days a week, there haven't been a ton of days where I've had to find a place for us to go.

Anyway, back in that first week we took a visit to the Dallas Children's Aquarium.
Isn't that creepy looking?

This turtle was huge!  It's hard to tell with nothing to reference it to.

Little Man loves to eat seafood.  His favorite is lobster, and he literally gets a whole one to himself when he goes out to eat at Red Lobster.  We had to get a picture of these giant crab(?).

The museum is open 7 days a week, from 9 to 4:30.

The cost is $8 for adults and $6 for kids.
Personally, I thought it was kind of small.  Then again, I have a kid who likes to rush through exhibits and places we go.  We were only there about an hour... maybe an hour and a half and we walked through it twice!

We did get to see them feed the sharks, which was kind of cool.
I think they do it every day at a certain time.

They also have an outside area for different sharks, sting rays, and other special fish.
They are in huge tanks.

Overall, it was an alright trip that got us out of the house.
It's one of those places that I would probably only go to once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment