Monday, May 2, 2011

30 Weeks

Does the outfit look familiar?  It's what I wore to my baby shower.  We had a cooler Sunday and I figured I better wear that jean jacket as much as I can!  I bought it just for the shower, and I'm running out of long sleeve type days! :)


How far along: 30 weeks
Is it just me, or does 30 seem like a big number!  I feel like it's some sort of milestone.  I don't know what kind of milestone exactly, but it is one in my head! :)  Only 10 more weeks to go! (If she comes on her due date, which I know is unlikely but all I have to go on.)

Size of baby: for weeks 29 to 32 the baby is the size of a squash
Average size is 15.2-16.7 inches and between 2.5 to 3.8 pounds

Total weight gain/loss: It was up and down and all around this week, but as of yesterday it was at +20.6 (same as last week)

Maternity clothes: Yes!  Right now my biggest issue is that most of my shoes don't fit.  Some of my flip flops are even too tight.  I'll probably end up buying a few cheap flip flops in a bigger size.  Then after the baby comes and all the swelling goes down, I'll reassess the foot situation.  I don't think I'll complain if I have to go out and buy all new shoes. :)

Gender: It's a girl!  Olivia Grace is on her way!

Movement: All the time!  She might be a night owl like her daddy!  Lately, she has decided that midnight is a good time to have a dance party in my belly.  A serious dance party at that!

Sleep: My sleep was a little jacked up this week, but it wasn't necessarily from being pregnant.  I am adjusting to Michael's new work schedule.  He gets off at 11:30, so that puts him home around 11:45.  Some nights I waited up for him (even though I should have been in bed!).  Other nights I tried to go to bed, but couldn't really fall asleep.  I think one night I actually did fall asleep before he got home.  But then, no matter if I've slept or not, I lay there talking to him for at least another half hour.  The naps have definitely returned to my daytime schedule!  Plus, I think the third trimester tiredness is starting to appear as well.

What I miss: wearing my wedding rings!  I've been rocking a fake $16 band of cubic zirconia for about a month now.  I tend to retain water and my hands and feet swell in the heat even when I am not pregnant (thanks Mom!).  So the swelling started early for me.  It's not terrible yet.  It's usually worse first thing in the morning and then sometimes at night.  I've heard nightmarish stories about people having to have their wedding bands cut off.  I didn't want to risk it.  Seeing as Miss Olivia is going to be born in the blazing heat of a Texas summer, I'm suspecting that I won't be able to put my rings back on until September!


Cravings: sweets, fruit--I'm glad the good stuff is coming into season

Symptoms: I have a hard time bending over, I am starting to have to pee A TON (and I thought I already was going a lot!), tiredness, and sometimes a sore back

Fun Purchases: I got a few Target gift cards, so I went ahead and ordered the 2 extra car seat bases that we need (one for Michael's car and one for my work car).  I also ordered a few things from Amazon (that probably could have waited, but I couldn't help it).  I got a few of the Praise Baby DVD's, a diaper bag, and another decorative piece for the nursery.

Surprises: hmm... I can't think of anything for this week

Best Moment this week: Being told by the Dr. that I am measuring right on track.  Really, I was worried!  Ever since I heard she was (an estimated) 2 pounds 11 ounces at 27 weeks, I feared I was going to measure ahead.  Of course, that could change at any minute.  For right now, I am happy.

Milestones: 10 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment