Monday, May 16, 2011

32 Weeks

How far along: 32 weeks

Size of baby: for weeks 29 to 32 the baby is the size of a squash
Average size is 15.2-16.7 inches and between 2.5 to 3.8 pounds
Finally, the last week as a squash!!! 

Total weight gain/loss: +24

Maternity clothes: yep... every day

Gender: It's a girl!  Olivia Grace is on her way!

Movement: She still has her dance parties.  She doesn't move as much throughout the day, but her movements are bigger and stronger.  Just when I think "I haven't felt her in a while", she'll kick.  It's funny too, because there will be nothing for a really long time and then Michael will text me from work and she will inevitably start kicking.  I told him she knows and she's trying to say hi.  She's already a daddy's girl.

Sleep: It hasn't been too bad this week.  I've been really tired during the day, so I've been sleeping during preschool time and nap time.  I'm not sure if it's thyroid/iron thing, a third trimester thing, or just me not getting enough sleep because of Michael's schedule.  My blood was not drawn at my doctor's appointment like it should have been.  I called to mention it and ask if I should come in.  The nurse said no, that waiting two weeks will be fine.  At this point, I trust little that my doctor's office says.  I decided to go ahead and split up when I take the thyroid and iron medications.  I've only done it for a few days, but I'm hoping it will help.

What I miss: bending over, not having shortness of breath

Cravings: sweets, fruit--I'm glad the good stuff is coming into season

Symptoms: At this point the big one is swelling.  I am constantly having to put my feet up.  I am chugging water like nobodies business, hoping that will help.  Plus, for the past few weeks I have been having bouts of restless leg syndrome, which seems to be getting worse/more frequent.  I could do without that.

Fun Purchases: Nothing that I can think of.  I've been searching for a new bra for the past two weeks with little success (the problem being my size).  They say not to buy a nursing bra until week 36 and then after your milk comes in you'll have to buy another one anyway.  I'm going to try to make it a few more weeks and then just buy a nursing one for the hospital/first few days.  I might as well try to kill two birds with one stone at this point.

Surprises: my doctor's visit was a bit of a surprise

First meal:  I see on the bump all the time people asking what will be your first meal after birth.  Common answers are things that have not been allowed--like champagne and sushi.  I always kind of laughed it off and figured I'd eat whatever the hospital was going to bring me.  I've heard they are really accommodating for the mom.  Then, this week, after soda was taken away I changed my mind.  I didn't drink soda every day, but it was a nice treat every once in a while.  Plus, I haven't had any Diet Coke this whole pregnancy because of the artificial sweeteners.  I told Michael I do have a "first meal" request.  I want a large Diet Coke from McDonald's (because it's the best, and if you are a diet coke drinker you will agree) and a big juicy hot dog (probably from Sonic since it is the most convenient.)  Mmmmm... I can't wait! :)

2 comments:

  1. you look beautiful! I had a huge Diet Coke after I had Ryan, it was sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! You are funny!! Diet Coke & a hot dog, huh? You should add on a slice of cheesecake!! Yum!

    You look great B!

    Love ya,
    Ang

    ReplyDelete