Monday, May 23, 2011

33 Weeks

How far along: 33 weeks

Size of baby: for weeks 33 to 36 (month 8) the baby is the size of a honeydew
Average size is 17.2-18.7 inches and between 4.2 and 5.8 pounds!!

Total weight gain/loss: +25.6

Maternity clothes: Yep, every day!  I even have maternity pajamas now.

Gender: It's a girl!  Olivia Grace is on her way!

Movement: It goes in phases.  Some days I worry that I haven't felt her enough, but then the next day she will be on the move nonstop.  There probably isn't much room left, which I am guessing is why the movements have slowed down some.  Plus, some days I am busier than others and I don't feel her when I am on the move.

Sleep: Surprisingly, it hasn't been terrible.  Sleeping at Little Man's house for half the week actually allowed me to get more sleep than I usually do.  Unfortunately, I am waking up every hour and a half to pee.  It's a little insane.  I know.  Part of it is probably being in the third trimester, but the other part is that I am having to drink so much water in order to keep the swelling down.  Thankfully I can always go back to sleep quickly.  The worst part is every time I lay down (day or night), I have some sort of restless leg syndrome.

What I miss: SODA!

Cravings: sweets, fruit, McDonald's (which I've been avoiding because of the sodium)

Symptoms: swelling, restless leg syndrome, some fatigue, stretch marks :(, having to pee all the time--or feeling like I have to even when I don't.  She must be right on my bladder.  Oh, and heartburn/acid reflux has returned in full force.  It use to be just certain foods would trigger it.  Now it's basically every afternoon and every night in the middle of the night.  It doesn't matter what I eat, when I eat it, how fast or slow I eat it.  It just comes.  The book says it's common to get worse now because my stomach has no room.

Fun Purchases: I was able to buy almost everything off of my "lists".  There are just a few things left for me to get.

Surprises: hmm... not too many this week

Best Moment this week: checking items off my list, date night/day with Michael

Milestones: I am starting my 8th month!!!

Things I am looking forward to: Honestly, I'm looking forward to my doctor's appointment on Wednesday.  I want to know if things have changed any.  Since the last measurement was taken by the nurse practitioner, and it's not an exact science, I'm wondering if I will still be measuring as big... or bigger... or more back to normal once my doctor measures.

I'm also looking forward to a week and a half off of work!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment