Saturday, May 7, 2011

3D/4D Ultrasound

Honestly, I have never been much of a fan of the 3D/4D ultrasounds.  I tend to think they all look like aliens.  Some of them are down right creepy if you ask me.  We have had many many friends rave about them and tell us that it is a must.  I was never really all that convinced.

Tina Fey was on Conan recently and here's what she had to say about it...
(Sorry about the commercial before the clip.  Also, I couldn't find a smaller version, so part of the picture is cut off.  It's just Conan.  You don't need to see him anyway! :)


Funny, huh?  Well, from the very beginning Michael has talked about wanting to get one.  How can I stand in the way of a father wanting to see his little girl?! :)  Actually, after the last ultrasound and seeing that it looked like we  could pick out a few features, I was sort of looking forward to it.  I went into it hoping that when it's your own child it doesn't look as creepy.

The pictures weren't as creepy as some I've seen.  The video was a little creepy to me... even though it was my daughter.  It's just the nature of the ultrasound.  Like Tina said, you aren't meant to see in there yet.  It's not cooked! :)

Anyway, we went yesterday.  Here are the highlights:
The tech commented on her cheeks almost right away.  I said she comes by them honestly. :)

Like with every other ultrasound we've had, her hand was up by her face.  She would not move it for anything!  She wasn't sucking on her thumb or fingers.  She just liked to have her face covered.  I said that she was going to be "shy" like Michael.  He said he was just thinking the same thing.
Her foot is up near her face too.  She is literally folded in half.

Check out that pout!

This picture cracks me up!  On the video you can see that she is yawning, but in this photo it looks to me like she is in shock or saying something like "Oh my!".

 Such a scowl!  It's amazing to me the facial expressions they can have at this point.

Michael is convinced she has my nose.

We got a smile!  It may be my smile!  Sometimes when I smile, for whatever reason, the edges of my mouth turn down.  I never really noticed it until I married Michael.  He pointed it out.  He thinks it's funny.  He calls it my "frown smile".  He's also the one that noticed in this picture that Olivia has a frown smile.  Crack me up!

We still think she has Michael's chin.

This is the second time we've got a cool foot picture.  The tech said her foot is right up against me and anytime I am feeling kicks on the right side it is definitely her feet.  (That after I told her what the mean ultrasound lady at my doctor's office said.)  I'm wondering if we will ever get to make out that it's a foot from the outside.  I think the way she has it now, it could be a possibility.

Sticking her tongue out a little?  Her heart rate was 140 beats per minute, which is good.

The tech said everything looked good.  She said my fluid level were good, the baby looked great, and that she was definitely facing down.  She said she will most likely not turn at this point.  She said that she could, but it would be a lot of work for her.

This the last time we'll be seeing her.  The next time will be in 9(ish) weeks when she is on the outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment