Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ugh!

I'm sick.  Boo!
I woke up with a very sore and scratchy throat, swollen tonsils and a semi stuffed up nose.  
Just the way I want to spend my Saturday! :(

Oh well... what are you gonna do?  
I rarely get sick, so I suppose I can't  complain when it does happen to me.

And since I know what you all are thinking... I would like to take a second to squash the incorrect assumptions that I ALWAYS get.  I have an amazing immune system.  Seriously.  BUT--it's NOT from being a teacher.  That's the first thing people say to me.  However, it's just not true.  I have had a great immune system my whole life.  I'm sure working around sick kids didn't help but strengthen it, but that is not where it comes from.  I'm not exactly sure where it comes from.  I was rarely sick as a child.  Hardly ever sick during high school and college.  Then I started teaching.

Usually the way it goes is a first year teacher is a sick mess all year long, and then after they have built up some sort of immune system they can fight things off in the following years.  I didn't get sick at all my first year.  Or my second year.  Or my third year.  As a matter of fact, I didn't even take a sick day until my fifth year of teaching when strep throat went through my class for two months straight!  Sure, I got a cold every year about two weeks into the school year, but it was very short and very mild.

Little Man has gotten sick many times in the past two years and I have yet to take a sick day from my current job.  It's not that I'm "tough" or one of those idiots that goes to work looking and feeling like death and spreading it to everyone else.  It's just that I don't really get sick.  One time Little Man got sick and passed it to the ENTIRE family, including Nana, Papa, and cousins.  I was the only one not affected.

So, here I sit.  Sick on a Saturday.  Not so fun, but I guess I can't complain.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for you B!! :-(

    Feel better soon!

    Love you!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net) may be another choice. i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious scratchy throat.

    ReplyDelete