Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sanctus Real-Lead Me

One of the things I love about driving the Volvo is that when a song comes on the radio, the little dash board thingy tells me who is singing it and the name of the song.  I'm terrible at that kind of thing, so I really enjoy finding out the information and storing it in my mind for later use. :)

There is a song I've been hearing recently and I really liked the sound of it.  About a week or two ago it was on and I looked at the dash and saw that it was Sanctus Real.  I really enjoy them and if you listen to any kind of Christian music, I imagine you like them too.  I just noted in my mind who it was and moved on.

Fast forward a week and the song came on again.  Only this time I actually listened to the words.  I was struck by how it was absolutely what I was feeling at the moment... a plea to my husband to "Lead Me".  I may be an independent person at my core, and I can be a survivor if need be, but in this world--in the journey called marriage, I want my husband to lead me.  When we have kids, I want him to lead me and our family.  I'm not saying Michael isn't an amazing husband--I'm just saying, that even strong and tough old me just needs to be held sometimes.  To be reminded that I am a treasure.  I hope you enjoy the song.



When searching for a video of the song, I came across a "story behind the song" clip.  I love those!  I love that the singers or authors (whichever be the case) can be real.  They can share their struggles and hope that others can learn and grow from them.




I love what he says at the end, "Every time I hear it, every time I sing it, I have to ask myself 'What kind of man am I?  Not yesterday, not tomorrow... what kind of man am I today? Have I invested in my family emotionally and spiritually the way that God's called me to reach out to them and to lead them."  Don't you wish more men out there were asking that question?  I'm thankful to have a husband that is always trying to be the best he can be.  He's not perfect, but he's willing to do the work God's called him to do.  Love you Michael!

2 comments:

  1. you know me and music, but I have to agree, I love that song!!!! I hear it on the radio all the time and it hits me every single time! (my car does the same thing w/ what the name of the song is, who sang it and what year--so helpful!) Anyway..I talk to Jim about it when it comes on and I think every woman wants that Leader for them and their children and I know something men must struggle with, but great song and great story! love ya!

    ReplyDelete