Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall Tree

You may remember that last week I was watched Little Man and Little Man's two cousins while the family was at a funeral.  We did the apple prints after reading about the star inside.  We ALSO made a fall tree with hand prints/fingerprints.  (Plus, we baked a cake...  Yep.  I'm a rockstar! :)

This is a craft that I use to do with my students.  It's a pretty easy and well known craft.

We started out by painting their hands and arms brown and making a tree.  
Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of this step.  
(I was trying to make sure the girls didn't get any paint on their clothes!)

Back when I was teaching, I obviously could not paint twenty hands and arms and not have paint on walls, doors, bathroom sinks and stalls, clothes, myself... so I didn't do it this way.  I did it two different ways, depending on the year.  You can a) have the kids draw a tree with branches, or b) have the kids trace their arm and hand and cut it out.  Either  is fun.

Then the kids add fall colored leaves with their fingerprints.
I tried and TRIED to get them to add leaves to the white part around the branches too... to make the tree a little fuller.  All three of them stuck to the hand print and that is it.  What can ya do?  It's still cute isn't it?!  

Then, just for fun, we added a little glitter glue.  Because really, who doesn't love a little glitter? :)




Close up:

This is a good art project (with help) for kids anywhere from 2 to 8.
You could just use green and red if you wanted to make it an apple tree.  I love fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment