Friday, September 24, 2010

Like Dandelion Dust

About six years ago a friend introduced me to Karen Kingsbury books.  I wasn't much of a recreational reader at the time.  I was a few short years out of college and wading my way through my first years of teaching.  She promised that I would love the Redemption Series, and she was right.  I read the first one in days and was hooked.  I quickly finished the five books in the series and moved on to any other Karen Kingsbury book I could find.  She became one of my favorite authors and I fell in love with the Baxter family.  I have now read over 40 books by her and they keep coming!  (I must admit, after reading so many, they do become a little predictable, but I'm invested now!:)

Well, one of Karen's books has been made into a movie!  I am so excited!!
While Karen is mainly a (New York Time's Best Selling) Christian Fiction author, the movie is not necessarily "Christian".  It is a movie with a good message that is void of all the garbage of modern day movies.  Personally, I am thrilled that more and more of these movies are popping up.  It's time to bring back some sort of standard.  We like to "vote" and support these films (no matter how hokey the acting may be--Facing the Giants anyone?) by going on opening weekend.  I want the industry to know that there are people out there wanting more morally friendly movies.

This movie opens today in some places, next weekend in others, and then the following weekend elsewhere.  It is limited in availability and isn't in all cities.  You can check out if it is in your area (and watch a trailer) here.  It is only in one theater here in Columbus and doesn't open until next weekend.  I am looking forward to it!  I encourage you to check it out... at least watch the trailer! :)

Happy Friday Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment