Monday, September 20, 2010

Baskets

Baskets seem to have become popular lately.  I've never been a huge basket person.  A container person? Yes.  Baskets?  Not so much.  But I got sick of looking at a closet that I wanted to be organized, but always seemed to look a mess.  It was time for baskets.

Our hall closet always started out nice and neat, but as time went on it would get disheveled and messy.

Here is what I started with
I bought those baskets for the top shelf a couple of months ago.  We had so many blankets and it was hard to stack them all.  I figured if we put them in baskets, then we could just pull the basket down to get what we wanted and it would always look neat in our closet.
I had tons of plastic containers that I use to use in my classroom.  When I left the classroom, they got put to use random places in my house.
There was organization, but I still didn't like it.

Michael's had baskets on sale for 50% off last week, so we picked up a few and this is how it turned out.
Better, huh?

It's still not perfect, but it will have to do for now.
I plan on making tags and hanging them on the baskets so that we know what is in each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment