Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Apples, Apples... We've Got Apples

Well, we have apples coming out our ears.  We chose to "pick" the small bag, but even that is a lot of apples for us.  We chose to pick the baking apples, so baking is what I'll be doing.  But before the baking starts, we decided to make some caramel apples.

We bought a kit at the apple farm. They had a couple of different varieties--heat on the stove, the kind that comes in a square and you just wrap around, and the microwave time.  We went for convenience and chose the microwave kind.

Oddly, neither Michael nor I had ever made caramel apples before.  
It was a fun fall activity for us to do together!
I cleaned the apples and Michael stuck the sticks in them.

Michael cheesing! :)
Funny side note: This is a shirt Michael has had for a while and he enjoys the fit of it, so he wears it often.  My sister and friend Laurie were joking around a month or so ago that he needs to get some new shirts.  They said he is wearing it in almost every picture.  It's true.  I agreed with them.  I assured them that he had plenty of other shirts and that I would pass along the message.  Michael and I got a good laugh about it.  Like I said, that was about a month ago.  When we were doing the apples, I took his picture and then almost immediately he said, "Oh no!  It's the shirt!"  HA HA!  It just so happened that he was wearing the shirt and I was taking pictures.  Once again, we got a good laugh.

Not as good of a laugh as after this though...
Somehow Michael put the stick in and it came out all crooked on the other side.
He took it out and tried again and the same thing happened.  It cracked me up!
I was laughing so hard I was crying!  It's the little things...


Yummy, yummy goodness!

So fun!
Six apples down... many, many more to go!

1 comment: