Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday's Ten...

As a whole I think we sometimes forget the little things in life.  We take for granted so much.  We let one problem or situation weigh us down or ruin our mood.  I don't feel I am a pessimist, but I'm not the biggest optimist either.  I try to see the glass half full, but sometimes I just see half a glass.  I do, however, know that I am bothered and disturbed when others around me are pessimistic or complain about everything.  It affects me.  I decided that every once in a while, we are going to have a Tuesday's Ten kind of day here at The Many Layers.  A day to remember that we have so much to be thankful for.  To see God's grace in every corner... to be thankful for the every day instead of being overwhelmed by the big huge picture.  I encourage you to come up with your list of ten today.  Here's mine (in no particular order... some big, some small):

1. I'm thankful that it's time for preschool again.  I was ready for a break when summer came, but now I'm ready to go back to a solid routine and schedule.

2. I'm thankful I get paid the same no matter what.  I get paid if I work 30 hours, and I get paid if I work 50.  I get paid if Little Man is at preschool three mornings a week, or if he is with me for five.  It's such a blessing not to have to worry about the hours I work.

3.I'm thankful that I recently got to enjoy my first pumpkin spice latte of the season! :)

4. I'm thankful for family time over the weekend.

5. I'm thankful I know Whose I am.

6. I'm thankful for the finish of a good book and a start to a new one.

7. I'm thankful for a friend who will go to a redneck swap meet with me! :)

8. I'm thankful for cooler temps and that fall is just around the corner.  Some leaves are already changing and I am loving it.

9. I'm thankful for a good laugh right when I need it most.

10.I'm thankful that God knows.


Side note... I wrote the top portion of this blog a few weeks ago when I felt bogged down with other people's complaints and bad attitudes.  I saved the list of ten to write until now.  When coming back to this post and getting ready to write my ten (and re-reading what I had previously wrote), I was hit with the realization that I needed a reminder of this myself.  I've hit a rough patch, but I'm glad I can be reminded that even so, I am blessed.  I hope you have a blessed day and take a minute to be thankful.

1 comment: