Saturday, September 4, 2010

Multiples?!

I have a confession.  I have an obsession with shows about multiple children.  I have no idea why.  It interests me.  Maybe I'm amazed.  Mostly I like to see how things are done.  Families like that tend to be organized and have good systems.  Those kind of things are fun and exciting to me.  Call me odd.

It started a couple of years ago with the Duggar Family.
I know they've just become popular in the past two years or so... with their show on TLC (now called 19 Kids and Counting).  But even before they ever had a TV series, they were doing a TV special here and a TV special there.  I think I first saw them when they had 15 kids.  Even though they have 19 kids, which could be controversial, I think they are doing a good job of raising their kids to be kind and respectful people.

Then, of course, came the Jon and Kate Plus Eight show.
It started out all cute and fun.  Then slowly you could see Kate getting bossy and out of line.  Ultimately their marriage fell apart and the show got kind of awkward at times.  Then Kate decided to keep on keeping on and it is back to being kind of fun.  You have to be able to tolerate Kate, but I think she has mellowed out.  Many people have opinions on her and want to make her out to be a villain.  Obviously, I have no idea how she is in person.  I can't speak for her character or behavior, but I feel that somewhere along the way people wanted someone to blame and to hate and she became that person.  I don't see anything wrong with her doing this new show OR doing Dancing With the Stars (although she was terrible at it).  She is a WORKING MOM!  No one else stones the mom that goes to the office for 10 hours a day and tries to juggle everything at night.  No one throws a stone at the mom who is a teacher and spends her nights grading papers and going to teacher conferences and is away from her kids.  No one stones the nurse that works 12 hour shifts (like my neighbor), because that is required of their job.  Why are we crucifying the mom that is trying to be with her kids while making money.  I'm not saying Kate is perfect.  I'm not saying I love her or would stand in line to get an autographed book.  I'm just saying I think some people need some perspective.  I'll keep watching her show.

Well... that was quit the tangent, now wasn't it?! :)

I also watch Table for Twelve
I think they have it together pretty well too.  Only, sometimes I would like them to turn around and tell their four year old to stop whining.  It's unnecessary.  But that's just me.

Oh... there's more!

Raising Sextuplets
Although the dad really does drive me crazy.  I want to yell at him to have an Attitude Adjustment.  
Yet, I keep watching?!?!

And most recently... 

Quint By Surprise

The sad thing is... there's been more!  Not necessarily any other series', but shows here and there.

Seriously.  It's out of control.  Luckily, they all the seasons aren't on at the same time.
Call me strange, but I think it'd be sort of fun.  Don't get me wrong... I'm not hoping to have six kids at once or anything like that.  However, I think that I'd be great at it if it did happen to me.  But I'm OK with living through all these people's lives. :)

1 comment:

  1. I too, love these shows! the Duggar's are my favorite though. I don't care what people say about them, their kids are responsible, hard working, kind, thoughtful and well behaved, these are the kids I want to lead our country!

    ReplyDelete