Saturday, September 25, 2010

Stumble Upon

 I wanted to share with you a really cool website.  It's stumbleupon.com.  Michael has been using it for some time now, and I recently just joined the band wagon.  You go and sign up and choose from a list the types of things that interests you.  For example, I chose things like cooking, reading, quotes, stuff related to children, healthy living, etc.  Then, you in essence, channel surf the internet.

This toolbar will be at the top of each page as you stumble.














The left hand corner is the most important and looks like this.
If you want to go to another page you click stumble.  If you enjoy the page you got you click "I like it".  Of course, with the internet there are things that you may stumble upon that you do not like.  In this case you click on the thumbs down.  I haven't stumbled on anything too terrible... just things I don't really agree with or don't find funny.  By giving it a thumbs down, I won't "surf" on to those things again.

On the right side of the tool bar is where you can see your favorites.  These are the things you like.  That way you can always go back and find them if you want.  Also, by liking the pages, you will be more likely to be shown things you actually like.
You can see I have liked 148 things so far! :)

If you click on favorites, all your pages come up and it looks something like this!

















If you are ready to get back to stumbling, you just hit the yellow stumble button.

Just in case you are curious as to what kind of things are out there, I got this post, this post, and this post from stumbling around on the internet.  I will warn you that it can become highly addictive!  You just want to know what kind of fun it could stumble upon next.  :)  Have fun stumbling!

P.S.  Huge thanks to my hunk of a husband Michael for helping me figure out how to put pictures of an actual website on here.  You rock!  Love you!

1 comment: