Friday, November 20, 2009

A Christmas tradition I love...

I've already told you how I have participated in the  Twelve Days of Christmas.  I didn't get involved until week 5 or 6, but I went back and looked at all the other weeks.  I found something I loved and really wanted to share with you.

Go read Carrie's post at This Cozy Home.  Then come back and we'll talk...........

**waiting**

**waiting**

Ok, what did you think?  I thought her idea of the 3 Christmas gifts was fabulous.  I have heard many people have many different takes on how to make Christmas more centered on Christ, but I had never heard anything like this.  I've known people who didn't get any Christmas gifts, but I think that's just a bit much.  I've heard of people who only get one gift, because Jesus was our gift.  Good idea, but still a little over the top for me.  I loved the idea of the three gifts AND what each gift will represent.  When I first read this post, I immediately sent the link to Michael.  I think this is something we would both like to do when we have children.

Now don't go and start feeling sorry for our children.  They will have enough.  Don't your kids already have enough?  More than enough?  Plus, I had already planned on making sure my children have an extra special birthday.  This is something I didn't have, and I can't wait to throw the fun birthday parties and make my kids day all about them.  It will all balance out... all while keeping Christmas about what Christmas truly is.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this one too..We are doing it this year, thanks to Carrie sharing. So excited!

    ReplyDelete