Monday, November 16, 2009

7 Ingredient Chili

I promise, I really do cook using more than a few cans of this and a few cans of that! :)  However, I am at work a little over ten hours a day.  With travel time, I am gone for almost 11 and a half hours.  That means I need fast and easy dinners.

I found this recipe a few years ago on an internet recipe site.  I later found out that it is actually listed on V8's website.  Either way, it's good.  It's probably not going to win a chili cook off or anything, but it will be a nice hearty meal for those nights where it's rainy, dark, and you don't feel like cooking.

Here's what you'll need:


2 pounds ground turkey
1 large onion, chopped
2 T chili powder
1/2 t ground cumin
3 1/2 cups V8 juice (I used reduced sodium)
1 small green pepper, chopped
2 cans (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained

Note: I actually didn't use an entire onion.  Michael isn't a fan of onions, and I like raw onions on my chili anyway.  I used about half of a large onion and then used some of the leftovers as a topping.  This can vary according to your family.  I've also cooked it with less beans before too.  I'm not a huge fan of kidney beans.

Here's what you do....
1. Cook turkey, onion, chili powder, and cumin in pot until turkey is browned.
2. Add V8 juice, green pepper, and beans.  Heat to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.

Serve with cheese and saltine crackers.  Yum.  It makes between 6 and 8 servings.  (8 WW points plus toppings based on 8 servings.)

It also freezes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment