Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fruit Loop Turkey

Thanksgiving is right around the corner.  Can you believe it?  I kind of feel like it just snuck up on me.  Anyway, that means some sort of Thanksgiving craft with Little Man.  I decided to stick with the textured theme.  Here's what we did.

(NOTE: Sorry for not having more pictures.  My camera is having issues and erased some that were taken mid project.  It just might be time for a new camera!)

I took some fruit loops and sorted them out on these paper plates.


Little Man loves to trace his hands.  He has me do it all the time for him as well.  He was pretty excited when I told him he was going to trace his Crocs.


He did a pretty good job for a 3 year old.  The retracing was my fault because I was trying to get the picture because the first one got eaten.  Then he started to add feet and "write".


Next, we glued the body to a paper plate.  Then I drew dividing lines to make the leaves.  He put glue on one section at a time and put the fruit loops on.  (Darn eaten photos)

Little Man glued on the beak and wattle.  He added eyes with a marker.

 
The finished product....


Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!

2 comments: