Friday, November 13, 2009

I am almost done!

I am participating in week 6 of Red Writing's Twelve Weeks of Christmas extravaganza.


Twelve Weeks of Christmas

This week's theme is shopping.  I love Christmas shopping.  I am almost done with my shopping this year!  I've found that finishing my shopping early just makes me want to put up my tree extra early.  I want to wrap the gifts and put them under the tree instead of continually shoving them in my very small closet.  Soon!

One of my favorite things about Christmas shopping is the pre-shop.  I love love love lists.  I think I could make a list for everything.  I sit down and list all the names of who we will be buying gifts for.  Then, if I know off the top of my head what I'd like to get that person, I write it down.  After that, I brainstorm, I ask my husband what he thinks, and I ask close family members for a list of ideas.

In general I finish my shopping early, but this year I am way ahead of the game.  There are two reasons for this.

 #1 I am making some of my gifts this year, and wanted to make sure I was going to have enough time.
 #2 I wanted to spread the wealth.  Both my husband and I have a birthday the week of Christmas.  That, on top of about 20 people to buy for, adds up fast.  After I came up with my shopping list, I divided it by paycheck. (Yet another list!)  I bought 3 or 4 people's gifts every two weeks (pay period).  The 3 people I have left (besides Michael), will be finished up after this week's pay period.

I am so excited.  While everyone else is rushing around after Christmas, I will be leisurely walking around, sipping my caramel macchiato, and taking time to enjoy the atmosphere.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on that one! I'm just about finished already too - we're going to Sioux Falls tomorrow and I should be done by the time we come home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I hope to be done very soon too. In fact I was just reviewing my gift stash. I should be all done by the end of Nov.. Then I can take my time decorating, wrapping, baking...There will still be lots to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your organization and budgetting method. Pretty clever!

    ReplyDelete