Friday, November 27, 2009

Oh how I love thee... (2)



....let me count the ways.

#2 I love that Michael balances me out.  When I am being loud and extroverted, he is being my quiet support.  When I am being shy or quiet, he takes over the extroverted position.  When I am having a bad day, he is quick to pick me up.  He is cool, calm and collected when I am emotional or hyped up.  He is rational and cautious when I want to make a quick and emotional decision.  On the other hand, he helps me be more spontaneous and adventurous when I am wanting to be cautious or drag my feet.  He is my perfect match.

Here's a funny story for you.
Sometime during my college years, I took a spiritual gifts test.  The results didn't surprise me.  I know that I have leadership abilities.  That is what I was strongest in.  The one thing that did surprise me was how low my lowest score was.  My top three results were in the high 20's.  The list started to taper down into the teens.  It stopped somewhere around 14 or 15.  Then dropped dramatically to a 3.  A 3!  Thats a huge difference.  Do you know what I scored a 3 in?  Mercy.  Yep.  That's right.  I have none.  The pastors that were leading the group were discussing the gifts, sorting us all out by our strengths and talking about it all.  One of them said that leaders generally don't have mercy (phew! I thought I was defective!), and people strong in mercy generally aren't good leaders.  Then he said that those two types of people generally end up together in marriage.

Soon after that, my aunt was teasing my cousin about a boy she was dating.  She said she couldn't figure out why my cousin always married the criers.  I told her it was because my cousin wasn't a crier in the least.  My aunt said she had recently realized the same thing.  We discussed the spiritual gifts test and what I had learned.  (My cousins are a lot like me.)  I knew she was praying for my future husband and I told her that I would like to request that she pray for Mr. Mercy.  We all got a kick out of it, but it sort of turned into a long running family joke from that point on.  (Later, I told her that I wanted to upgrade to Dr. Mercy! :)

Michael IS my Mr. Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment